Sunday, November 27, 2011

Holiday Season

I'm sort of a scrooge. Seriously.

Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas and all that it stands for.
It's the way that it's celebrated that I can't stand.
The carols, the decorations, oh and don't even get me started on that "Happy Holidays" thing.
I honestly dislike most of it.
Also, though green and I have started to get over our feud, I still have issues with red.
I know I am a hypocrite for this because I love complimentary color schemes (blue and orange forever!), but red and green should never associate.

The only Christmas song I can get behind would have to be the one about Mr. Grinch.
It has some excellent insults:

"Your soul is an appalling dump heap overflowing with the most disgraceful assortment of rubbish imaginable, mangled up in tangled up knots!"

I'm going to find a way to work that into my daily conversation.

I usually soften up around the week of Christmas, but I still don't enjoy A Christmas Carol.

Note from the Future!: Given that Christmas is only one week away, I have softened up just as predicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment