Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Tragedy of Time


      The tragedy of time is mundanity. When we are young and everything is new, the world is a
novel place. As we grow, things become mundane. Leaves became leaves, and grass was simply grass. But as children, each leaf and each blade of grass was unique; each had its own shape, its own story. Eventually, however, the tragedy of time made these things uninteresting, dull.

       The tragedy of time is mundanity. When we were young in Christ, His love was novel.
Last night I realized that the story of Christ’s sacrifice had become mundane, commonplace. I reverted my mind, told myself the story as if I had never heard, as if I were yet a child in Him.
My heart ached; my eyes welled with tears. I felt the lashes of the whip; the spear in my side.
I felt the nails pounded through my hands. I felt the amazement at the discovery of an empty tomb. I was awed by his ascension; transfixed by Christ’s transcendence.

"Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.”  ~Matthew 18:3

No comments:

Post a Comment